Bethlehem has strong roots in its 169 year history. Tradition relays that a brush arbor was built in 1843 for the organization of the church near the present intersction of Old Highway and Rocky River Roads. A more permanent log structure was erected nearby within a year, and was to house the church until 1870, when the location was moved to the present site.
A frame structure was erected in 1870; it served the church until 1904, when a new building was built. The building was extensively renovated in 1937 with brick veneer, an addition of classrooms, and a basement. The building, which had faced south, was also turned to face Nesbit Road.
Bethlehem became a station church in 1946. Previously, it was part of the Prospect charge, a division of 4 - 6 churches. Since 1950, several new buildings have been added to the campus. The present sanctuary was built in 1979, and our new Family Life Center was opened in 2002.
Bethlehem's history is not just about a building, but more importantly about people and their faith in God's everlasting love. These founding fathers and mothers at Bethlehem provided the strong roots that have supported the church for so many years. Today's church can look back in appreciation of these roots, and move forward to continue building and serving God in the future.